|There are spoilers for the LittleBigPlanet series underneath this header. Read at your own risk.|
- “ This an account of the secret experiments of by Franklin Wadsworth Emerson. Otherwise known as the Puppeteer. ”
- — The Puppeteer's first words in LittleBigPlanet PS Vita
The Puppeteer (real name Franklin Wadsworth Emerson) is a character in LittleBigPlanet PS Vita from Spooky Mansion. He first appears in the form of a voice on a tape recorder in the level The Puppeteer's Diary, but first physically appears in The Power of Laughter.
The Puppeteer is portrayed as a wooden figure with closed eyes similar to the Tired Eyes costume piece from LittleBigPlanet 2, a white and blue beret, bushy white eyebrows, a carrot nose similar to a snowman, two nails sticking from his mouth reminiscent of a pipe, a bushy white beard, two forks for arms and hands and a slightly grubby blue jumpsuit. His costume can be obtained by acing the final level of the game, In The Clutches Of Evil.
Similar to Mags the Mechanic and Avalon Centrifuge, The Puppeteer is a scientific genius. However unlike the other two who are generally happy about their work, The Puppeteer is sad. This was due to losing his "Puppet Friends" prior to the game's events. He however becomes happy after their unexpected reunion. He, despite being a protagonist, created The Hollows but regarded them as "side-effects" of trying to create replacements for his Puppet Friends.
- He is voiced by Scottish actor Alexander "Sandy" Morton.
- The Puppeteer is one of two British characters in LittleBigPlanet PS Vita, the other being Mrs. Sunshine.
- Him, The Collector, The Hoard and Newton are the only villains to become good.
- However both The Puppeteer and Newton were imprisoned by The Hollows and the Titans respectively.
- One of the Stickers of Coaster Valley is called "Otis's Father" referring that The Puppeteer created him, this sticker can be acquired by acing the level 'Three Wheel Tracks'.
- A doodle of The Puppeteer was shown in the end of "Re-Animation Station".