Sackboy: A Big Adventure is a PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 game developed by Sumo Digital that was announced on June 11th, 2020, during the "PS5: The Future of Gaming" event. It was released on the 12th November 2020. Its online multiplayer patch went live a month later on 17th December 2020.
In Sackboy: A Big Adventure, (often abbreviated to SABA or SBABA) players once again control Sackboy on another platforming escapade. This iteration is focused solely on play and does not feature any form of create, other than Sackboy's character customisation. Some elements from previous games have returned though, including but not limited to; local and online multiplayer, Score Bubbles, Prize Bubbles, Collectabells, Bounce Pads, ZomZom's Shop, and Badges.
The dastardly Vex (a near-mythical being born of chaos and fear, no less) kidnaps Sackboy’s friends and forces them to build his Topsy Turver. This most deadly diabolical device will transform Craftworld from a fantastical land of pure imagination and dreams into a bizarre realm of nightmares.
It's up to Sackboy, the only remaining Sackling, to set off on a whirlwind adventure across the snowiest mountains, the leafiest jungles, the wettest underwater realms, and the, uh, spaciest of space colonies to collect Dreamer Orbs. These mystical spheres of creative energy are the secret to stopping Vex's plans and saving Craftworld.
Main Article: List of Sackboy: A Big Adventure Levels
- Sackboy - Playable Character.
- Scarlet - Sackboy’s mentor, Craftworld’s last remaining Knitted Knight and narrator of the game.
- Vex - A near-mythical being born of chaos and fear. He kidnaps Sackboy's friends to build his Topsy Turver machine.
- Mama Monkey - Curator of The Colossal Canopy.
- King Bogoff - Curator of The Kingdom of Crablantis.
- N.A.O.M.I (Non-Aggressive Overseer of Massive Intelligence) - Curator of The Interstellar Junction.
- Gerald Strudleguff - An explorer who travels around Craftworld documenting its wildlife.
- The Abominable Showman - A humungous rolling yeti found at the end of Ready Yeti Go.
- Banana Bandit - A giant stomping creature Sackboy encountered in Going Bananas.
- Vexed Mamapede - A burrowing monster Vex transforms in Centipedal Force.
- Ruffled Ruffian - A unicycling stretchy-armed foe fought in Thar She Blows Up.
- Electric Whirlwolf - An electrified spinning beast taken down in Fight And Flight.
- Vexed N.A.O.M.I - A virus-ridden version of The Interstellar Junction's Curator battled in Nervous System.
- Giant Befuddler - A gargantuan jellyfish found in Just A Phase.
In Sackboy: A Big Adventure, Sackboy will find himself traversing each of the game's World Maps, entering, playing and unlocking new levels and most importantly collecting plenty of Dreamer Orbs, which will allow him to progress through the game and dispel Vex's uproar blockages.
The game has moved past its 2.5D origins and adopts a 3D gameplay style with a fixed isometric camera system that adapts to multiple players.
Sackboy himself has had a full control overall, built from the ground up to be less floaty than previous LittleBigPlanet games. He is now capable of a whole hosts of new moves.
- Run - L Stick
- Jump - X
- Flutter Jump - X + Hold X
- Slap - Square
- Roll - Continuously Tap O
- Grab - R2
- Drag - R2 + L Stick
- Pick Up & Throw - Hold R2 + Release
- Discard Toy - L1
- Nosedive - X + Triangle
- Dodge - O
- Spin Slap - O + Square
- Slap Jump - Square + X
- Emote - D Pad
- Acting - L2
- Flare - R3
- Whirltool Fling - R1
- Clawstring Grapple - R2
- Plasma Pumps Hover - X + Hold X
- Plasma Pumps Blast - R1
- Plasma Pumps Smashdown - X + Triangle