Sackboy: A Big Adventure (often abbreviated to SABA) is a PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 game developed by Sumo Digital. It was announced on June 11, 2020, during the "PS5: The Future of Gaming" event, and released on November 12, 2020. Unlike previous entries in the LittleBigPlanet series, SackBoy: A Big Adventure is focused solely on 'play', and does not feature any form of 'create' or 'share', other than the ability to customise Sackboy's outfits.
The game takes place in three dimensions - a first for a mainline title in the series. Many elements from previous LittleBigPlanet games make a return, including Score Bubbles, Prize Bubbles, Bounce Pads, Collectabells, ZomZom's Shop, and Badges.
- Main Article: List of Sackboy: A Big Adventure Levels
|There are spoilers for the LittleBigPlanet series underneath this header. Read at your own risk.|
The dastardly Vex (a near-mythical being born of chaos and fear, no less) kidnaps Sackboy’s friends and forces them to build his Topsy Turver. This most deadly diabolical device will transform Craftworld from a fantastical land of pure imagination and dreams into a bizarre realm of nightmares.
It's up to Sackboy to set off on a whirlwind adventure across the snowiest mountains, the leafiest jungles, the wettest underwater realms, and the spaciest of space colonies to collect Dreamer Orbs. These mystical spheres of creative energy are the secret to stopping Vex's plans and saving Craftworld.
- Sackboy - Playable Character.
- Scarlet - Sackboy’s mentor, Craftworld’s last remaining Knitted Knight and narrator of the game.
- Vex - A near-mythical being born of chaos and fear. He kidnaps Sackboy's friends to build his Topsy Turver machine.
- Mama Monkey - Curator of The Colossal Canopy.
- King Bogoff - Curator of The Kingdom of Crablantis.
- N.A.O.M.I (Non-Aggressive Overseer of Massive Intelligence) - Curator of The Interstellar Junction.
- Gerald Strudleguff - An explorer who travels around Craftworld documenting its wildlife.
- The Abominable Showman - A humungous rolling yeti found at the end of Ready Yeti Go.
- Banana Bandit - A giant stomping creature Sackboy encountered in Going Bananas.
- Vexed Mamapede - A burrowing monster Vex transforms in Centipedal Force.
- Ruffled Ruffian - A unicycling stretchy-armed foe fought in Thar She Blows Up.
- Electric Whirlwolf - An electrified spinning beast taken down in Fight And Flight.
- Vexed N.A.O.M.I - A virus-ridden version of The Interstellar Junction's Curator battled in Nervous System.
- Giant Befuddler - A gargantuan jellyfish found in Just A Phase.
In Sackboy: A Big Adventure, Sackboy will find himself traversing each of the game's World Maps, entering, playing and unlocking new levels and most importantly collecting plenty of Dreamer Orbs, which will allow him to progress through the game and dispel Vex's uproar blockages.
The game adopts a 3D gameplay style with a fixed isometric camera system that adapts to multiple players.
Sackboy himself has had a full control overall, built from the ground=up to be less floaty than previous LittleBigPlanet titles. He is now capable of a whole hosts of new moves.
- This is the third game in the series to not feature Create Mode, the other two being Run Sackboy! Run! and Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves.
- It is the second fully 3D game, the first being LittleBigPlanet Karting.