- “ Then there’s Oddsock, who’s a four-legged character. He’s not quite a dog; he’s more… well, he’s just an odd sock! Oddsock can wall jump and wall slide, and is really fast. Once you play the Oddsock levels and start nailing your jumps, it’s really fluid and much quicker than the familiar LBP gameplay. It’s a very different experience – we didn’t just want him to be Sackboy on four legs, we wanted him to be his own unique character. ”
- — PlayStation blog description
OddSock lives in the great swamp of Manglewood, its rolling green banks the perfect spot for a madcap run through the world of Bunkum. Having saved the planet many years ago, OddSock has retreated to they’re pinball sanctuary beneath its putrid waters. But when Marlon Random arrives on the scene with a new hero asking for help, they join Sackboy and sets off on their greatest adventure yet.
OddSock can run faster and jump higher than the other characters and has the ability to run up and jump off walls but they can’t grab.
OddSock’s fabric is that of a sock, they have the same black button eyes and pink bandaid tongue as Sackboy and their body shape somewhat resembles a dog or a frog.
Oddsock has some of the characteristics of a dog as they are very excitable and is Seen licking Sackboy’s cheek in Pinballs in the Mist and fetching a bone from Eve in From Cakes To Chaos. Oddsock is very friendly and befriends Sackboy immediately after meeting him even when they don’t know who he is or why he’s there.
- OddSock is one of the only two characters to be able to equip Power-Up, (The Springinator), the other being Sackboy.
- OddSock dislikes flat surfaces, and loves to run and jump.
- OddSock sits down when opening the Popit and moving your arms.
- Oddsock is the fastest of the four characters.
- OddSock is the only playable character in the game that cannot grab objects, even if set to do so with the Gameplay Tweaker.
- The LittleBigPlanet 3 manual speculates that OddSock may be a lizard, dog or small horse.
- In the two earliest known versions of LittleBigPlanet 3, OddSock originally gonna be called 'Rusk' who has two designs in two versions of the game, in the early version, took the form of a blue, squirrel-like character named 'Rusk'. Not much is known about Rusk other than the fact that she was female and could be ridden by Sackboy, she appears in the alpha version of LittleBigPlanet 3 as a Wolf with red clothing, and then Rusk was eventually replaced with OddSock.
- Oddsock can wall jump which is not a new concept in the games, In LittleBigPlanet 2, the DC Comics Premium Level Pack was made, which gave Sackboy along with the Hero Cape, gave him the wall jump tweeker, and wall jump material, which allowed sackboy to jump and slide on surfaces. The pack costed money but Oddsock costs nothing but the game price itself. In other words, Sumo Digital reused a concept.