LittleBigPlanet PS Vita is a video game developed by Double Eleven Limited and Tarsier Studios for the PlayStation Vita handheld game console. It it is the fourth game in the LittleBigPlanet series. The game was first announced in January 2011 along with the reveal of the PlayStation Vita, and the first details of the game were revealed on June 6, 2011 at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (also known as E3) 2011. The game was released in 2012.
A Marvel Super Hero Edition was later released in 2014 which features the original PlayStation Vita game with added on-cart DLC (Costumes + Marvel Arcade Pack).
Main Article: LittleBigPlanet PS Vita Story
As in previous titles in the LittleBigPlanet series, players control a character named Sackboy, who goes through a variety of worlds utilizing the character's various abilities such as jumping and grabbing objects. It also features various non-platforming mini-games, similar to LittleBigPlanet 2. Numerous multiplayer options are available. As well as up to four-player online competitive or co-op gameplay, the PlayStation Vita's multi-touch display can be used by two players for competitive games. "Pass'n'Play" is also available, enabling turn-based gameplay and features Cross-Buy DLC which can be used in the console versions of LittleBigPlanet.
Players are able to create their own levels and share them online using the PlayStation Network. The PlayStation Vita's touch-screen display can be used to directly draw objects and platforms in the game world. The game also includes all of the tools available from LittleBigPlanet 2.
- Dotted Outlines
- Dust Cloud
- Flowing Water
- Neon Light
- Invisible Material
New Logic Tools:
- Memoriser (Saves information in levels.)
- Clean Up When Destroyed Tweak
- Improved Bounce Pads
- Multiple Corner Editing
- Text Tool
- Positional Connectors
- Static & Dynamic Objects
- Include tags in the same microchip
- UV Scaling Tool
Misc. New Tools:
- Randomizers do not repeat the same pattern
- Pink text can be used in magic mouths
- Objects can be captured from the tweak menu
For more changes, see LittleBigPlanet PS Vita/Changes
- It was released 11 days early in physical form, although the digital version was still released on the 25th.[source?]
- The original name for the game was LittleBigPlanet: Unstitched.[source?]
- A Cross-Controller Pack was released for LittleBigPlanet 2 which enables cross-platform gameplay between a PlayStation Vita and LittleBigPlanet 2, and it features a Create Mode much like that found in LittleBigPlanet PS Vita. However, it is not compatible with LittleBigPlanet PS Vita.