|There are spoilers for the LittleBigPlanet series underneath this header. Read at your own risk.|
- “ I'm a little man... Sitting in a can... ”
- — Clive in The Sad Song Of Clive Handforth
Clive owned The Factory of a Better Tomorrow, a place where he and his co-workers printed calendars and built huge spaceships. Things were rather well for them until the factory was invaded by The Negativitron
When the player arrives in The Factory Of A Better Tomorrow, he is seen sitting in a can, and then proceeds to tell the player how he ended up in the situation he is in. He then tells the player to rescue all of the Sackbots held captive. Aiding Sackboy and making him company through most of The Factory Of A Better Tomorrow, and then joins him in his trip to Avalonia.
When Huge Spaceship crash lands on Avalonia, Clive is sent by The Alliance to go with the player to Eve's Asylum to find Dr. Higginbotham. Soon, he meets up with the rest of The Alliance and joins amongst them to defeat The Negativitron. As creativity is welcomed back to the imagisphere, he and the rest of the Alliance head on a journey back to Craftworld.
LittleBigPlanet 3: The Journey Home
Clive makes a comeback in LittleBigPlanet 3: The Journey Home as the Creator Curator of the second level and the survival challenge it's tied to. He explains to Swoop that the factory was on lockdown until the power was restored from both sides of the place. He is later seen at the party welcoming Sackboy, Toggle, OddSock and Swoop back to Craftworld.
He has a light blue calendar head, a half dark grey and half light grey eraser body and black bent paper clips as limbs. He has hands and feet made of light blue paper. His original appearance included more cartoon-ish eyes and a longer, bushier mustache.
Constantly gloomy and depressed, Clive is pessimistic to a fault. He can be melodramatic, and is always complaining about something or other. Despite this, Clive is the most ”normal” of the Alliance members. He is very perceptive, with the other Alliance members being too crazy or naive to spot a simple flaw in a plan. In the end, during the battle against The Negativitron, he performs an act of bravery by confronting the giant vacuum cleaner, evidencing his development.
- He has a Lancastrian accent.
- His facial animation is similar to that of stop-motion or a flip-book, with the style of flipping pages.
- In Full Metal Rabbit, after you've been informed that the Alliance is trapped in a force field, one of the evil sackbots, or meanies say, "Your friends are dead meat and dead...calendars!", referring to Clive's calendar head.
- In the final battle against the Negativitron, he drives the bounce pad platform in the 2nd stage along with Avalon.
- It has been rumored that Clive has depression, do to him always looking sad. Although there is no real evidence of this, it has joked around, and people even made a CreepyPasta off of it