- “ It won't be easy, but your quest begins in Manglewood, Bunkum's great swamp. ”
- — Nana Pud before the very end of Prolouge
|LittleBigPlanet 3 Adventure Nav|
|Prologue||Book 1: Manglewood||Book 2: The Ziggurat||Book 3: Bunkum Lagoon||Popit Puzzles|
|Book 1: Manglewood|
|Manglewood is the first Adventure Hub hub players encounter in the story mode of LittleBigPlanet 3. Players arrive here after they clear the Prologue and have had the Organisertron tutorial. Manglewood is a reference to the city Hollywood.
|Story & Theme|
Upon entering Manglewood Swamps, players must make their way over to Marlon Random who will reveal to Sackboy the three heroes of Bunkum's fate. He explains that, upon their defeat against the Titans, the great heroes lost their motivation and reclused themselves, eventually losing their sanity as well, as in literally losing their Marbles. He tells the player where the three Marbles have been lost in: one is locked away in the Fort, a highly secured casino; another is lost somewhere in the Imagisphere's open space; and the third one is way up somewhere in a giant swamp tree diner. Once all Marbles are united and placed on OddSock The Swift's Shrine Gate, the door to his hideout, which is deep underneath the putrid swamp waters of Manglewood, is unlocked and OddSock will then be able to be recruited.
The player is then tasked with exploring three unique levels based around films. Once the player obtains the Marbles, you will meet OddSock and escape through a horror/pinball themed level. After that, the player will head towards The Ziggurat and defeat the green titan. Manglewood is a mix of natural and organic. Manglewood's theme is based around the classic 1950's & onward film industry, featuring film reels and old movie cameras. The entrances to each of the Adventure levels are stylised around the theme for each level: Western casino, Classic Cars in Space and a 50's dinner.
|Creator Curator: Marlon Random|
|Collectables - Number of Items: 60|
- Manglewood was originally called "Jacob's Well", since the unused character Jacob was originally going to be a Creator Curator instead of Marlon.
- In the Alpha, Manglewood has two iterations; the first version has a Japan-like forest wolf area, and Judging from The Puppet Show Opening, it could be the third world, where you need to save Rusk from a wolf pack with one of them named 'Kohl' and get to the White Wolf's Fort and meet the White Wolf King, 'Albi', to get the White Wolf Stone to open the Sable Oak Tree gateway, The Second Version has a tiki-theme, with hamsters. However, it was later removed, and the idea later became the Tiki Paradise Level Kit.
- In one of the beta versions of LittleBigPlanet 3, The airship from LittleBigPlanet 2 can be seen in the oil.